I HAVE to share this story about Draycen....because it MELTED my heart!
I have to tell you this part first:
Almost everyday Draycen comes up with a story about how he is the fastest kid in 3rd grade and that nobody can beat him. I guess they always have races in P.E. and sometimes kids will challenge Draycen on the playground to see if they can beat him. Well, according to Draycen nobody has ever beaten him!
So....The other night a friend of ours came up to Draycen after his baseball game and was giving him a hard time because he told Draycen that his daughter had come home that day so excited because she beat Draycen in a race today at school in P.E. He kept teasing him and telling him "I can't believe you let a girl beat you" I couldn't believe it. So I turned to Dray and said "Bailey seriously beat you?" He said yea, she did. I just told him that was o.k. but then I asked him what happened. This is what he said...."I was in first place and I knew I was going to win, but the kid next to me tripped and fell so I stopped to help him up. So that's why I lost. But it's o.k. mom because he needed help. I really thought he was hurt." I just grabbed him and hugged him so tight and told him that he will never know how proud he made me that day. There is nothing better in this word when your kids show acts of kindness like Draycen did that day. I want to always remember that he did this and I hope he continues to live life this way. That winning isn't everything and how important it is to help others. I know this was really long but I just HAD to share it!!




17 comments:
Kids are amazing. What a mature and sweet little guy. I would be proud too. I am also impressed that he didn't make excuses when being teased. Moments such as this make it all worth it!
How sweet. If only all kids were like that huh!! You should be proud, we sometimes only notice the bad things they do. That reminded me to always notice the good things! Thanx for sharing a sweet story
GIRL I LOVE THIS!!! I really don't expect anything less then the best kids coming from you and mutt. You guys are amazing parents and -GIVEN your kids are tooo!
Blogging moments like this is so cool because they will be able to look back.
xo
Reminders like this are so awesome. Makes us as parents realize that maybe we have done something right. I love it. He didn't even realize the lesson he just taught his mama!! To sweet!! Your boys are so cute Karlee!!
What an awesome story! Draycen is such a sweet boy! I just love how well-rounded all your boys are. You are a great mom!
How great! What a good kid.
That's a wonderful story! I too am impressed by his kindness and by his integrity to say "yea" Bailey beat me. I'm sure I would have quickly turned to my pride and immediately offered the excuse...a great lesson from a child. Thanks for sharing!!
Oh that is so sweet. I loved reading it. What a good heart he has and to even give up his position on never loosing once. Way to go Draycen!:)
Jared came home and told me what REALLY happened :) I hope that he didnt tease him too much!
That's so sweet! Awww... I love that, thanks for sharing!
That is awesome! I love when we can learn from kids!
That's such a cute story. what a Sweet sweet kid!
That is such a cool story! He is a really neat kid :O) I got your comment on my blog, that's funny that mutt used that same quote..see how connected I am still to the Avra Valley ward :O)
Hope everything is going well!
That is seriouly such an awesome and sweet story. What a cute and sweet boy you are raising- you guys are such awesome parents!
Karlee, Hope everything is ok...haven't seen a post in awhile? Going up the mountain for Memorial weekend?
What a sweetheart! Sounds like you and Mutt are doing a great job raising him and I never expected anything less from you guys! I miss you tons and wish we could see each other more often! Love ya
You have such sweet boys, I had to tell Dare that story it was so cool.
Post a Comment